Miss Court Reporter is a professional agency dedicated to the satisfaction of our clients. We are committed to unquestionable work ethic, meeting our deadlines, providing our clients with personal attention, and developing work product of exceptional quality.
Suzanne Lee, owner of Miss Court Reporter, has provided professional services in the legal and court reporting communities for over 20 years. Holding a bachelor's degree in English, she has provided writing and editing services for over 23 years. Suzanne presently serves as an official court reporter for the State of Alabama's 14th Judicial Circuit.
As a certified court reporter licensed by the Alabama Board of Court Reporters, Suzanne has extensive experience taking deposition testimony and court proceedings, as well as hearings for governmental agencies. The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality's (MDEQ) Office of Pollution Control utilized her services for public hearings from 1999 through September 2014 when she was sworn in as an official court reporter.
More detailed information about Suzanne's qualifications and background is listed below.
Work experience and education:
- Practicing court reporter since 1999
- Freelance writer since 1991
- Bachelor of science degree in English, minor in computer science, and graduate work in English and education
- Three years of experience as a high school English teacher
- Six years of experience as a legal secretary
- Over 20 years of experience in transcribing, scoping, and proofreading documents and transcripts
- Over 20 years of service as a notary public
Court reporting certification and experience:
- Certified court reporter licensed by the Alabama Board of Court Reporters (ABCR) (ACCR 476)
- Former certified court reporter licensed by the Mississippi Board of Certified Court Reporters (BCCR) (CSR 1805)
- Deposition experience includes witnesses for plaintiffs and defendants, including expert medical and technical witnesses
- Court experience includes trials and hearings in circuit, chancery, domestic relations/family, municipal, bankruptcy, and federal courts
- Experience taking sworn statements, examinations under oath, boards of supervisors meetings, and various agency board meetings
- Experience taking hearings for the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance, the Mississippi State Board of Health, the Jefferson County (Alabama) Board of Health, and the Mississippi State Bar Association
- Experience taking public hearings and meetings for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 4
- Experience taking the business meeting for the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) with Alabama Governor Robert Bentley presiding
- Experience taking hearings for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Experience preparing certified transcripts for submission to the Mississippi Supreme Court for cases on appeal
- Experience preparing deposition transcripts for submission to the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Member of the Alabama Court Reporters Association (ACRA) (2005 - 2012)
- Member of the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) (1998 - 2011)